Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Turkey Day Is Coming

Two more days until Turkey Day!

The boys don't have school tomorrow, so we begin a 5-day weekend and it's MUCH needed. I'm finishing up my last changes to the scripts for the Medi-Medi and then I'm DONE with this project/client for a while! Woo Hoo!

The only downside is no pool for five days - I'm having trouble accepting that I'm looking at five days in a row on the treadmill. Boring!

Tonight is my 2nd and last den meeting to "host" - I've got the blocks ready, the decorating supplies packed, the oatmeal container and beans and construction paper.... Oh, and the donut hole snacks - dip a donut hole in melted chocolate, roll the chocolate in crushed heath bars (or baking bits), and stick a 1/2 a pretzel stick in the top and you have...ACORNS! Adorable.

Jared decided last night that he does want to play indoor soccer, so we're all signed up for that. A bunch of the kids from his outdoor team are playing and some kids from school, so it should be a blast. Tammy, my Cub Scout co-leader (who am I kidding, she's the leader!), is doing the t-shirts for the team. They already have black shorts, so the uniforms are good to go.

I've put a decent dent in my Christmas shopping and am pretty much done for my boys and Jordan & Taylor. The kids are so easy to shop for. I just got lists from Jack & Skylar, so I'll see what they need/want and then I'll be about half done! Now I just need to find the two packages from Kohl's and the one from Toys R Us that UPS said they delivered yesterday that are nowhere to be found - grrrr. I think I'll check with the neighbors across the street.

We're celebrating Turkey Day in Romeo this year. I'm in charge of Cinnamon Red Jello and bread for sandwiches. I also plan to make baked macaroni & cheese - maybe then my kids'll eat something other than bread!

No comments: