Friday, June 24, 2011

Baseball 2011

Owen played baseball for the first time this year.  Given his love for sports, we had high hopes that baseball would be a hit.  It definitely was a huge hit.  Owen enjoyed football and soccer...he tolerated swim team...but he LOVED baseball.  And, frankly, he was pretty good at it for his first year out.

 
Realizing his dream of playing catcher
 
Batter Up!
 
Well, of course you have to dust off the plate!

That one's going all the way!  What a hit!

Owen enjoyed a very successful hitting season.  In all of his times at-bat, he was thrown out at first only twice, struck out only once, and scored at least a base hit every other time!  He had  several doubles and more RBIs that I can remember to count! 

He begs to play baseball constantly, and I see many games on the neighborhood diamond in his summer plans, provided he can find enough buddies to field the game!

With his coveted trophy


Coach Pitch Team Red Sox 2011


Owen's team had two fantastic volunteer coaches - we thank them for dedicating their time to these kids!










He ended his season last night playing first base.  I'd put my camera away because of the drizzle, and I missed him making the final out of the game and season!  He stopped the ball on the ground and ran to tag the runner out at first - great season Red Sox!!!

No comments: