Thursday, April 21, 2011

new kicks

I took the boys shoe shopping last weekend.  Not surprisingly, their tastes are completely different.

We first looked at The Children's Place where Owen picked out a pair of black tennis shoes with guitars on them.  Not to be outdone, Jared chose the same pair.  While they looked adorable on 7-year-old feet...somehow they weren't right for an almost-10-year-old.  So we only bought one pair.

Next stop...Journey's.  I love this store.  It's where I found my awesome PINK PLAID tennis shoes.  Owen chose his pair in about 4 seconds.  Fortunately, they had his size in stock.  The little hipster is happy as a clam.


They're laced shoes, but he's able to slide into them without tying everytime.  :)  I will add that it took me 30 minutes and no less than 75 attempts to get the lacing "just right" on these babies.

Jared wandered the store for a good 20 minutes before he decided on a pair.  I kept telling him that we could look other places, but he finally chose.  Grandpa will be so excited...



They're low tops - and look so cute!!!

I've never considered myself a shoe fanatic.  But, in addition to the PINK PLAID tennis shoes above, I've also managed to buy myself a new pair of PINK sandals and a pair of PINK flip flops this year!  I don't think I've bought myself 3 pairs of shoes in one season...ever!  :)

1 comment:

rhonda said...

Love all the new shoes - the pink ones especially!