Yesterday went surprisingly well...the morning routine was completed without yelling. After school, the backpacks went where they belong (though only one water bottle made it to the dishwasher), and the homework/studying were completed without intervention from Mom. Owen even made his bed *mostly* by himself (the quilt was all pulled out, so I had to help a little)
Both boys bathed without incident - Jared took his shower and then helped Owen run a tubby. He even helped him to find PJ's that were weather-appropriate. When I reminded Owen that his room needed attention, he paid Jared $1 to pick it up for him.
It started to fall apart around 8:30 pm. I gave fair warning that bedtime was coming. At the 10-minute mark, I gave a final warning. When I called bedtime, they said that they were ready. As I surveyed the pile of toys, clothes, books, and junk left in the foyer and on the landing, I made the call. No privileges were earned back...we still have work to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment