Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cracking the Whip

We've gotten lax about making the boys into responsible members of this family.  Brian and I pick up after them (or nag them incessantly, which is pleasant for no one), we clean up before/after meals, and we make sure that they have what they need when leaving the house.

We instituted a system of marbles, jars, quarters, and allowance this weekend.  The boys and I shopped for the necessities...and here's what I have set up.


As you can see...there are already marbles in each jar.  Marbles are earned by NOT being a responsible member of the family.  Quarters are earned by going above and beyond.  At the end of the week, marbles are subtracted and quarters are added to the weekly allowance.  At this rate, I'm looking to make about 4 bucks a week on this deal!

So we went back to zero last night...all privileges were revoked including TV, DS, computer, X-Box, Wii, and playing with friends.  They can earn these privileges back by being responsible.

So far this morning...I did not have to nag or yell ONE TIME during the getting ready for school routine.  Progress...!

No comments: