Thursday, August 2, 2007

It's almost Friday

it's almost Friday...it's almost Friday...it's almost Friday....

Can we just say it's been a long week?

Jared was NOT a happy camper yet again this morning. I finally got some more detail out of him and he just didn't like the locker room - he loved the games, the crafts, the swimming, but he HATES the locker room! I can't really blame him - the showers are cold, it's loud, the floor is wet, he might forget something, and there are tons of naked people! LOL

He was hysterical this morning and basically said that he'd sit on the bench today at Rolling Hills. It was 95 degrees and humid!!! So, after I made a teary call to the rec center with no results, I called my boss (again almost in tears) and left to go get him. I ended up staying with him at the water park and he had a blast as soon as he knew that he wouldn't have to go into the locker room to change.

Tomorrow...last day of camp...he says that he's not swimming, but he wants to go so that he can finish his lanyard, have a hot dog and a popsicle, and say good-bye to Diana (his favorite counselor). Actually, what he wants to do is wear his swimsuit in the morning, swim for a little bit, and then get out and get dressed before everyone else gets in there. Which I thought was a very clever plan for a six year old! We'll see what happens tomorrow - if he balks at going, I'm taking him to Brooke's.

Tonight, Owen peed all over the bathroom rug, floor, toilet, side of toilet, and his clothes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you need a break this weekend. Try to get away by yourself for a few hours or hire a sitter and you and Brian go out and have some fun. You both need it.