My boys have always LOVED to play with Legos. They enjoy the big sets with complex directions...Star Wars and Pirates of the Caribbean are huge hits. But, as many know, the big sets rarely stay assembled for long. Then we end up with something like...well, this!
Our Lego drawer is generally such a disaster, and it usually spills out onto the top of the train table, the floor, the stairs, their rooms...you get the idea.
The boys have been busy in Lego-mode today. They spent much of the morning perusing the Lego catalog. It's always an exciting day when a new one arrives. This one's been around for a few weeks, but I don't dare throw it away.
| "Let's get this one" |
| "I don't think this $2 bill is going to buy us much" |
Showing off their creations becomes like a game..."look what I made"..."now look at his ship"...and then there are often very detailed descriptions of the guns involved, where everyone sits, how it flies....
| A modified SW ship |
| Free-form creation |
| A close up |
Owen generally has a small collection of guys involved in an elaborate game on his desk, floor, and chair.
| Boba-Fett...huge favorite |
| A pilot |
The days spent in Lego play are getting further apart...especially both of them together. Jared gravitates to his DS or the Lego games on Wii more often than the actual bricks. But we do have days like today, where hours are spent digging through the piles and piles of Legos. Given the amount of action that Legos still see (especially with that little blonde one), I expect that I'll be stepping on them for a while, yet.

No comments:
Post a Comment