I picked up these cute little shorts for Owen at Costco...I'm sure 2 million other kids in America are wearing them this summer. But I wonder if those 2 million mothers encounter the amount of discussion and whining that I do each time these shorts appear at the top of the laundry stack.
"Mom...everyone thinks that I'm wearing a swimsuit" - it's kind of like a swimsuit
"Mom...should I wear underpants?" - it's up to you, kiddo
"Mom...why do these have strings?" - so they don't fall off your skinny tush
"Mom...are the other pants that look like a bathing suit but aren't a bathing suit clean?" - usually the answer is no...the other ones are white and I don't wash white very often. Besides...what's wrong with these?
I will say though...he looks pretty dang cute in them.
After much cajoling and discussion...I finally got him into the water with them on. And he loved how quickly they dried. "Mom...why didn't you tell me they dry super fast?!" I seriously cannot win.
![]() |
| Working on his dive |


No comments:
Post a Comment