The boys came home from school yesterday giggling and plotting...tomorrow is April Fool, I was informed. Great. And they started early...Owen got out the rubber snake, and Jared asked me for fake blood.
This morning, it escalated. I wore a bright yellow paper sign that read "Caution: I smell weird" for a while, courtesy of Owen. Then it was "Mom, the toilet is overflowing!" Finally, another sign on my back declaring "I am coco." I do not know what or who Coco might be, but apparently it is hilarious to boys of the 7-9 year old set. The both took off for school with rubber spiders and their fingers colored with red marker...I apologize in advance to Mrs. H and Mrs. Y.
Blatantly and shamelessly stealing an idea from my friend, Cathie (http://cathiesdailydish.com/), I packed their lunches today with the items below.
Jared's bag also contained a can of black olives - had to be heavy enough to fool the big 4th grader. Right before their scheduled lunch time, I headed to Subway for kids' meals...salami, cheese, lettuce, pickles, olives and mustard for Owen...plain salami & cheese for Jared.
I got to the school...and I waited. Owen was cartoon-like as he rapidly pulled empty containers from his lunch box faster and faster. I hear him saying to his friends "these are all empty!". His friend points to me, and he turns around. He come over to see me "they're all empty, mom!" I laugh and say "April Fool!" As I hand him the Subway kid meal, he's laughing "Good one, Mom". :)
I had to return to the school for Jared's lunch hour (or 20 minutes, apparently - how do they eat so fast?!). Pulling a joke on him did not work as well as he spotted me before sitting down with his friends. He also refused to allow me to take photos of him at lunch "how embarassing, Mom". Ah well...at least I got the little one. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment