Friday, March 20, 2009

"Pick Up Your Room" - a 2nd grade interpretation

I asked Jared to pick up his room last night and again this morning before school. It's not that large of a room...pretty small, actually. I didn't yell, I didn't threaten punishment, and I didn't nag. I asked once last night and once this morning. He spent a total of probably 30 minutes in there by himself.

Here's what I find upstairs now:

The bed is unmade...the PJ's are on the floor...the desk is a mess...the clean laundry is STILL unfolded in the basket.


The books are still all over the floor...the puzzle box is still out and open.


The pile of books is still in front of the door (from the big weekend sweep of the main floor).
So what exactly did he accomplish in 30 minutes? The dirty clothes from yesterday are in the basket now.


2 comments:

Holly L-B said...

I feel better now...my whole house looks like that :-P

Unknown said...

Looks better than your room ever did! heh heh Dad