I don't have any pictures of the wedding since I was so busy that day. Even though the day started out with some rain, it dried up a bit and we had a very nice day to be on the beach. It was cool, very little wind, and we were all dry!
Thursday morning we met for breakfast (just the girls - me, Sarah, Kristy, and mom) and then worked on the dinner room. We set up the centerpieces - which were very pretty - Sarah's design. She had nice square mirrors that went in the center of the table, and then put low, round dishes in the center of the mirror that she filled with a bit of sand, a pretty white pillar candle, and some seashells. At the corner of the mirrors she put glass holders with either cornflower or teal tealights in them. When all of those candles were lit, they looked amazing.
We all then went back to the condo where Brian and Justin were coralling the kids. The girls were all due at the salon for hair, makeup, and nails, so Kristy was kind enough to play chauffeur to us all.
Afte spending hours getting gorgeous, we all met back up at the condo to get dressed. Mom, Justin, Kristy, and the kids left early while Dad, Sarah, and I finished getting ready. I wish that I had a picture of Sarah in her dress to share - it was PERFECT for her and she looked stunning.
Dad drove Sarah and me over to the hotel where we made our way out to the beach. The wedding location was set up with a white trellis with vines/flowers and white chairs for everyone. It was a bit of a hike (especially in a long dress and flip flops!) but we were down the beach so we wouldn't be in the midst of all of the vacationers.
The ceremony was nice - short and sweet - and Sarah and Dave said their vows loud and clear. I know that Carol and others have some snapshots and I'm sure that the photographer captured it all on film for us.
We did the traditional photos after - lots of family shots, fun candids, and Carol shot some video. I can't WAIT to see all of the pictures from the photographer.
Dinner was AMAZING! Yummy tomato bisque soup, salad, steaks/chicken/fish (depending on what you ordered), and good bread. The desserts - YUMMY! I had this chocolate thing that was so yummy-rich!!! Awesome dinner.
After dinner we made our way into the bar where the band playing was more than happy to play a first dance song for Sarah and Dave. They got a kick out of the kids - and were nice enough to let them stay in the bar even though it was after 9 pm. We all danced and partied away.
Hilton Head was gorgeous - a perfect spot for a romantic wedding get-away.
No comments:
Post a Comment