Friday, December 21, 2007

The Holiday Prep Countdown

I'm SO not ready for Christmas! I've been sick all week and just didn't have the energy for anything! I even skipped swimming twice this week! Ack! Now I'm relegated to the treadmill until school starts again in January - I need some new DVDs.

So I need to finish up my shopping. I'll knock that out at lunchtime today with a trip to the little strip mall. I'm so close to being done!

Then the wrapping...ugh. The wrapping. Blah. With the kids refusing to go to bed at night, I'm looking at some loooooooonnngggg evenings.

The baking - eek! I said I wasn't baking, but we need a few cookies for Santa! I'm going to do gingerbread men for sure - I got a recipe for some low-fat ones from a friend, so we'll do those this weekend. I also got stuff for the pretzel rolo things - easy-peazy. I really want to do a batch of the peanut butter surprises - yum. And it isn't Christmas without cut-outs! OK - someone stop me!!!!!!!!!!!

We had an exciting week. Monday was a snow day. Tuesday Owen was sent home from school for puking at lunchtime (he was fine the rest of the day). Wednesday we took Owen to Urgent Care - he and Jared were fooling around and he got his foot stuck in the treadmill. They KNOW they aren't supposed to play on there, and it was unplugged and everything. But apparently they can still make the belt move? Anyway - no fracture, just a nice scrape and a bruise.

Jared's first indoor soccer game is tomorrow - why start the season the day after school lets out? Crazy.

No comments: