Monday, November 5, 2007

EEK! A week?!

Yikes - a whole week went by!?

We were busy!!! The sickies lingered into the week - Owen kept spiking a fever off and on and Jared's coughing was atrocious! They both were recovered by Halloween and feeling up for the Trick-or-Treat challenge.

Last week was pretty quiet with only a Cub Scouts Pack Meeting on Tuesday, and then Wednesday was busy, of course.

Jared chose a Yoda costume and Owen chose a Black Power Ranger. I'll post a pic of them in a few - they really were adorable. It was kind of nice to have the first hour of ToT be light - Owen wasn't freaked out and actually was really into getting candy. Jared took around the little orange box and collected for UNICEF for the first 2 streets. After we did our block - down to the end and back - we stopped to say hi to Brian and Owen decided that he'd had enough. He helped pass out candy bars after that. Jared and I trekked on for another 2 streets and he really brought in a lot - both coins for UNICEF and candy! Brian ran out of candy bars (and I'd bought 150!) at 7:15 so he and Owen were chilling watching TV when Jared and I got home.

We had a really fun time this weekend. Saturday we went over to Grammie and Grandpa ("with the moustache like this") B's for "a big pile of leaves" and lunch. The boys had a BLAST in the leaves and I took almost 200 pictures. Check out the slideshow of my favorite 20 at onetruemedia. After the leaf raking project, my mom and I took the boys to Wendy's/Tim Horton's for lunch and a donut and then headed over to REI. I needed a water bottle for the pool - I keep leaving my work one at work. The boys also scored new Keens and Owen got some slippers for school.

We watched the uncomfortably close UM/MSU game - whew! I ran out for Pizza Hut at halftime and that hit the spot quite nicely. :) A good outcome from the game, and the boys were decently behaved. They both crashed on the way home.

Sunday my cold hit me full-force, so we laid pretty low. Brian had class again, so the kids and I hung out, uploaded pictures, played school, and then headed up to Busch's. We decided on baked enchiladas for dinner, but Brian came home craving hamburgers on the grill, so I ran back up for meat. They turned out really yummy - and baked cheesy potatoes made a nice fall alternative to potato salad!

Another busy week ahead - I'm going to try to get on here more! I'll post the H'ween pic in a minute.

No comments: