Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Soup's On!

I made this yummy Taco Soup last night for dinner. I got the recipe from a friend - and it's low/no fat and mighty tasty! It was really easy, too. The boys wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole, but Brian and I liked it - I had plenty of leftovers, too!

Jared stayed home from school yesterday with strep. :( Poor kid had a 103 fever and a sore throat on Monday, so we headed up to the new urgent care. In and out in 25 minutes with a script for Amoxicillin. He still was running 102 Tuesday morning, so he stayed home. Luckily I was already planning to work at home so I had all of my stuff. He had a pretty good day - did a few puzzles, watched cartoons, played with his Star Wars guys.

The kids are excited for Halloween next week. I'm not sure that Owen gets the whole Trick-or-Treat concept, but he's excited to wear his black Power Ranger costume. Jared's Yoda is adorable. They have parties at school - Owen has TWO! And then they're going to a party with Aunt Sarah on Wednesday afternoon. We'll do something quick and easy for dinner, that night.

It's definitely fall here - mid-50's and gloomy. Jared had a field trip to the park today. He dressed warmly (I made him take a hat & gloves). They also had to bring a white t-shirt to paint with leaves. I bet that'll turn out cute!

Well, time to go change the laundry - it's Wednesday which is "sheets day" but I had to completely strip our bed because Owen peed in it. Grrrr.

No comments: